Around The Diocese
Deacon Robert “Rocky” Mattingly, deacon at St. Boniface Parish in Evansville, celebrates his birthday on July 4.
Deacon David Franklin, retired deacon of the Diocese of Evansville, celebrates his birthday on July 4.
Father Ambrose Wanyonyi, associate pastor at Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Haubstadt, St. James Parish in Haubstadt and Holy Cross in Fort Branch, celebrates his birthday on July 5.
Deacon Michael Jones, deacon of St. Peter Parish in Montgomery, celebrates his birthday on July 6.
Michele Gondi, parish catechetical leader at St. Matthew Parish in Mount Vernon, celebrates her birthday on July 9.
Joel Padgett, parish catechetical leader at St. John the Evangelist Parish in Evansville, celebrates his birthday on July 10.
Father Ed Schnur, pastor at St. Wendel Parish in St. Wendel and St. Francis Xavier Parish in Poseyville, celebrates his birthday on July 10.
Happy one-year anniversary of their ordinations to Father Jerry Pratt, associate pastor at St. Joseph Parish in Jasper, and Father John Pfister, associate pastor at St. John the Baptist Parish in Newburgh. They were ordained on June 3, 2017.
The following deacons were ordained on July 9, 2005:
- Vincent Bernardin;
- William Brandle, St. James, Haubstadt, Holy Cross, Fort Branch, Sts. Peter and Paul, Haubstadt;
- David Cook, retired;
- James Flynn, retired;
- Gerald Gagne, St. Benedict Cathedral Parish, Evansville;
- Thomas Goebel, Corpus Christi Parish, Evansville;
- Michael Helfter, Holy Family Parish, Jasper;
- Dennis Hilderbrand, Our Lady of Hope Parish, Washington;
- Kenneth Johanning, Divine Mercy Parish, St. Anthony;
- Charles Koressel, St. Philip Parish, Posey County;
- David Rice, St. John the Evangelist Parish, Daylight; diocesan clergy personnel director;
- Earl Ruppel, retired;
- Levi Schnellenberger, St. Joseph Parish, Jasper;
- David Seibert, pastoral life coordinator, St. Boniface Parish;
- Michael Seibert, St. Isidore the Farmer Parish, Celestine;
- Michael Waninger, St. Martin Parish, Chrisney and St. Bernard Parish, Rockport;
- James Woebkenberg, St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Dale;
- Donald Yochum, retired.
All are invited to attend St. Meinrad Annual Fall Picnic
The St. Meinrad Parish community invites all to visit on Sept. 16 for the Annual Fall Picnic at St. Meinrad Catholic Church and enjoy the surrounding historic and beautiful locations near St. Meinrad. The picnic schedule is as follows: (all times are Central Time)
9:30 am Mass at Saint Meinrad Archabbey Church
10:45 am Tour of the Saint Meinrad Archabbey Church and grounds ($2 cost)
12:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch and activities at the Annual Fall Picnic on the grounds of St. Meinrad Catholic Church. (Price includes a Cash Raffle ticket, a Special Quilt Raffle ticket, and lunch, which includes fried chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes, slaw, dessert, and drink.)
2:15 - 2:45 pm Tour of Historic St. Boniface Catholic Church, located near St. Meinrad in Fulda, Indiana ($2 cost)
3:00 - 3:30 pm Tour of Monte Cassino Shrine, near Saint Meinrad Archabbey
3:30 - 4:30 pm Return to Fall Picnic in time for the announcement of raffle winners (Special Quilt drawing begins at 3:30 pm, followed by Themed Basket Raffle, and Cash Raffle)
Total cost $24 per person:
$10 Meal at Fall Picnic
$ 5 Fall Picnic Cash Raffle Ticket
$ 5 Fall Picnic Special Quilt Raffle Tickets
$ 2 Tour of St. Boniface Catholic Church
$ 2 Tour of Saint Meinrad Archabbey & Monte Cassino Shrine
For more information, please follow the links to information about the two local parishes: http://sbcatholic.church/history-st-boniface ; http://smcatholic.church/history-st-meinrad and also links to Saint Meinrad Archabbey and Monte Cassino Shrine: http://www.saintmeinrad.org ; http://www.saintmeinrad.org/the-monastery/monte-cassino-shrine/.
All information submitted by the St. Meinrad Catholic Church Fall Picnic Committee